August Extraordinaire - The Hottest Game of The Month
Saturday 5th August 2023. Unlock the Extraordinary with the National LotteryPlay Now
About August Extraordinaire
On Saturday 5th August, at 13:00 hours, the Extraordinary Draw of August will be held from the Drawing Room of Loterías y Apuestas.
Extraordinary Draw of August summary of the prize distribution for the draw:
- First Prize: There will be one First Prize of 1,500,000 euros per series. This means that each of the ten series will have a First Prize winner, totalling 15 million euros.
- Second Prize: There will be one Second Prize of 300,000 euros per series. Again, each of the ten series will have a Second Prize winner, totalling 3 million euros.
- Third Prize: There will be one Third Prize of 150,000 euros per series. Each series will have one Third Prize winner, amounting to 1.5 million euros in total.
- Twelve Additional Prizes: There will be twelve additional prizes of 75,000 euros each per series. These prizes are distributed among the ten series, resulting in a total of 900,000 euros.
In addition to the major prizes mentioned above, there will be a total of 3,755,500 additional prizes distributed among the tickets.
It's important to note that the specific details of prize distribution, including the number of lower-tier prizes and their corresponding amounts, may vary depending on the draw.
August Extraordinaire Draw Prize Breakdown
Here you can find the lottery breakdown for the August Extra. draw. The prizes are listed in the order that they appear in front of a live audience.
- First Prize: 1 prize of €1,500,000 per series ticket sold.
- Second Prize: 1 prize of €300,000 per series ticket sold.
- Third Prize: 1 prize of €150,000 per series ticket sold.
- Fourth Prizes: 12 prizes of €75,000 per series ticket sold.
- Fifth Prizes: 40 prizes of €3,750 per series ticket sold.
- Sixth Prizes: 1,100 prizes of €750 per series ticket sold.
- Seventh Prizes: 5,000 prizes of €300 per series ticket sold.
You can also win prizes for matching one of the six opportunities available on “Approximations.” These are Two 5-Digit Numbers Before and After the First, Second, and Third Prizes.
- Two 5-Digit Numbers Before and After the First Prize: There are two prizes of €21,000 each for tickets with numbers immediately preceding and following the First Prize-winning number.
- Two 5-Digit Numbers Before and After the Second Prize: There are two prizes of €12,000 each for tickets with numbers immediately preceding and following the Second Prize-winning number.
- Two 5-Digit Numbers Before and After the Third Prize: There are two prizes of €6,225 each for tickets with numbers immediately preceding and following the Third Prize-winning number.
Additional prizes are available for the terminations of the First, Second, Third, Fourth, and Fifth Prizes, as well as refunds. The terminations refer to tickets that have specific numbers that match the last two digits of the winning numbers. The amounts and quantities of these prizes are as follows:
- First/Second/Third Prize Terminations: 99 prizes of €750 per ticket sold.
- Fourth Prize Terminations: 999 prizes of €1,000 per ticket sold.
- Fifth Prize Terminations: 9,999 prizes of €150 per ticket sold.
- Refunds: 2 special extractions of 1 digit, each worth €150 per ticket sold.
The August Extraordinary Draw in the El Gordo lottery is held during summer specifically to coincide with the August holiday season. This draw is designed to bring excitement and enjoyment to people during their summer holidays. It is one of the best draws for tourists to engage with as they enjoy the Spanish sunshine. The large prize pool and the various prize categories provide an opportunity for participants to potentially win substantial amounts of money, adding to the fun and entertainment of summer. Be sure to pick up your ticket at participating retailers or at your favourite online store.
August Draw Lottery Prize Table
Total Number of Prizes
Prize per Billete
Prize per Decimo
Total Prize Fund
First Prize - El Gordo
TOP PRIZE COMBINATIONS
5-Digit Numbers Before and After the First Prize
5-Digit Numbers Before and After the Second Prize
5-Digit Numbers Before and After the Third Prize
Tickets that start with the first 3 digits of the First Prize
Tickets that start with the first 3 digits of the Second Prize
Tickets that start with the first 3 digits of the Third Prize
Tickets that end with the last 3 digits of the First Prize
Tickets that end with the last 2 digits of the First Prize
Tickets that end with the last digit of the First Prize
The first special extraction of 1 digit
The second special extraction of 1 digit.
Approximately 70% of tickets sold in the August Extraordinary Draw of El Gordo result in a prize. The majority of participants have a good chance of winning something when they purchase a ticket for the draw. The exact percentage of winning tickets for a particular draw is determined by the total prize pool and the number of tickets sold. Unsold tickets are returned to the lottery authority and any unsold tickets that win a prize are entered back into the pot.
Where to see the August Extraordinaire draw 2023
The Extraordinary Draw played in August from Spain’s National Lottery 2023 will be held on Saturday 5th August starting at 1:00 p.m. Prizes are drawn from biggest to smallest. You can follow this draw live from the Antena 3 Noticias website and the Loteria y Apuestas live draw page. Youtube highlights will be available to watch after the draw.
El Gordo Common Destinations
Prizes in the August Extraordinary Draw of El Gordo can be won by participants who have purchased tickets both within Spain and from other countries. The draw is open to players from around the world, and tickets can be purchased online through authorised platforms or in person from authorised retailers.
The August prizes have been won by various locations throughout Spain over the years. Some notable places that have had winning tickets in the past include:
- Madrid: As the capital city of Spain and the location where the draw takes place, Madrid has had several winning tickets in August. Madrid contains the most lottery retailers to purchase tickets and has some of the oldest kiosks in Spain.
- Barcelona: The second-largest city in Spain, Barcelona, has also had its share of winning tickets in the past. Catalunya is a popular destination to purchase tickets to play El Gordo draws and Extra. games.
- Valencia: This coastal city in eastern Spain has seen its fair share of El Gordo winners.
- Seville: Located in the southern region of Andalusia, Seville has had winning tickets in previous draws.
- Malaga: This popular destination on the Costa del Sol has celebrated several wins in the past.
- Bilbao: The largest city in the Basque Country, Bilbao, has also had winning tickets to celebrate.
Prizes for the extraordinary draws have been won by participants from various cities, towns, and regions across the country as well as online. If you have purchased a winning ticket you can claim your prize according to the process stated where you purchased your ticket.
Different El Gordo Draws to Enjoy
In addition to the famous Spanish Christmas Lottery draw, there are other El Gordo draws held throughout the year. Here are a few examples:
- El Gordo de Verano (Summer El Gordo): This draw takes place in July and offers a large prize pool worth €140M. It is often referred to as the "Summer Gordo" and provides participants with a chance to win significant cash prizes.
- El Gordo de Navidad (Christmas El Gordo): This is the most famous and prestigious El Gordo draw held annually on December 22nd. It is known for its massive prize pool, including the coveted first prize, which is one of the largest lottery jackpots in the world.
- El Gordo de la Primitiva: This is a weekly lottery draw in Spain that goes by the name "El Gordo de la Primitiva." While it shares the "El Gordo" name, it is a different lottery game with its own prize structure and gameplay.
- El Niño, also known as the El Niño Lottery, is another popular lottery draw in Spain. It is held annually on January 6th, following the Spanish Christmas Lottery (El Gordo) draw. El Niño is considered the second-largest lottery event in Spain and offers significant prize amounts.
These are just a few examples of the various El Gordo draws that take place throughout the year. Each draw has its own unique characteristics, prize structure, and purpose.
History of El Gordo Draws
El Gordo, also known as the Spanish Christmas Lottery, has a long history that dates back several centuries. The first recorded Christmas Lottery draw took place in 1812, making El Gordo one of the oldest continuously running lotteries in the world. El Gordo had been held for over 200 years.
Over the years, the format and prize structure of El Gordo have evolved, but the essence of the lottery and its popularity have remained consistent. It has become deeply ingrained in Spanish culture and is eagerly anticipated as a holiday tradition by people across the country.
The first lottery draw in Spain, initially called the "Lottery by Numbers," took place on 10th December 1763. It was created as a means to raise funds without imposing new taxes on citizens.
The lottery went through various changes and rebrandings, including being renamed the Primitiva Lottery. It experienced fluctuations in popularity and profitability over the years. In 1812, the El Gordo lottery was introduced, which gained significant popularity and became one of the most well-known and anticipated lottery draws in Spain.
The Primitiva Lottery was eventually discontinued in 1862 but made a comeback in 1985. It continues to be a popular lottery in Spain alongside El Gordo and other lottery games.